Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM

[Q & A] Unable to pair my Bluetooth headsets with Mi A1 post Pie / Jan'19 update

[ Promote]
2173 1 |
18:50, Jan-29-2019 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
I want to use my old Nokia BH-111 / 109 Bluetooth headsets which work fine with my other phone but am unable to pair either of them with my Mi A1. I had updated January 2019 update in mid-Jan'19 after the Android Pie update in end Dec'18. Seems there are many issues with the Pie update, as observed so far (even after January 2019 update) -

1. Callers unable to hear me as MIC volume seems too low. Have to use wired headset for slightly better audio
2. Earpiece volume during calls is low, often doesn't make much difference even by raising call volume on phone to almost max level
3. Mobile network reception very unstable. Keeps dropping network even when stationary
4. Internet speeds thru Wi-Fi seems very slow
5. Unable to pair any Bluetooth headsets with my Mi A1 phone
6. Touch sensitivity poor. Often doesn't respond when I tap to enter my passcode, or in some App like Twitter.

I have shared my concerns over the Feedback App from Xiaomi installed on my Mi A1, but not sure anyone at Xiaomi cares to refer to those.

Does anyone have a fix for any/all of the above issues with Mi A1 ? Would appreciate any help !
Favorite Share

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 12:04, Feb-07-2019 | From PC
|
Ok. So, even after I sought help from Xiaomi CC, who also got a Servify technician to help me over phone, things didn't change. So, as a last option I backed up all my data and did a factory reset and after the OS got installed afresh cleanly tried the bluetooth pairing. This time it paired both my BT headsets but seems there's some inherent issue with Mi A1 OS that it takes 3+ minutes to pair a BT headset, while on my other phones it takes less than a minute. Anyway, the Bluetooth issue got sorted but the voice clarity on earpiece &/ wired headset remains a problem, and also for callers who can't seem to hear me clearly even in a quiet place. This is surely something Xiaomi NEEDS to fix asap.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list